Monday, August 21, 2006

A couple of odd classifieds I saw this week in the Burlington Free Press:

Lost: 4-wheeler, 8/4/06 in Hinesburg 1995 Dark Blue Honda 300. Offering $100 reward for info leading to where it is.
I'd love to know the story behind this one. Perhaps it was just stolen, but if that were the case you'd think it'd be worded slightly differently. 4 wheelers are relatively large objects to just lose.

Upright Concert Grand Epworth piano, new in 1901, Excellent condition, $300 or best offer.
I just got a chuckle out of the "new in 1901". Like, um, ok... I guess maybe its an excuse to get the word "new" into the ad? Hard to say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, are you looking for something specific or have you always read the classifieds for amusement?

August 22, 2006  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

I always read the comics first, then the classifieds. Normally I find amusement in the comics, and stuff in the classifieds. I never buy anything though. It just makes me feel like I'm saving all kinds of money when I see all this stuff and don't buy it. :-)

Sometimes I find amusement in the classifieds, but so far I've never found anything for sale in the comics, except for lemonade and psychiatric help in Peanuts, and a "frank appraisal of your looks" in Calvin and Hobbes. The latter never did have any buyers, as I recall.

August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home