Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Submitted by Paul: "I was hanging out with some other people - and as it seems often happens a group of four people happened to cluster together, and all happened to be native Vermonters, two of the other three natives in the room soon gathered in and the following expression was uttered: 'He's flannel on the inside, though'. This in reference to a Flatlander who has the character, though not the lineage, of a Real Vermonner."

Notice Paul's spelling of Vermonter: "Vermonner". I think this is accidental, but it is actually how a real Vermonter would pronounce it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was inconsistant, not accidental. I realized that I neglected to make the pronunciation correction to the first use of "Vermonter" I used two n's to cast doubt on the accidental possibility.

February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a good bumper sticker the other day:

Hug a Logger;
You'll never go back to Trees

February 15, 2006  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Cool! That is the very saying that started the Olde Sayings page. That post was over here.

February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home